Friday 12 November 2010

*IPP* Work experience opportunity - continued

I got a response from Lorna Hamilton-Brown about the storyboarding position. Here's my correspondence with her:

Hi Emma,

I've heard back from the company their feedback was they liked your work. However they are looking a different style. They are looking for a more realistic charcoal sketched storyboard.

I'll keep you informed of any other opportunities.


------

Hey Lorna!

Thank you very much for letting me know the situation. It's a shame that they haven't taken me up, but I'm glad they liked my work all the same. If you could you let me know if you find any other work experience opportunities in the future, I would greatly appreciate it. I am keen to meet and work for some talented industry people. I am a very strong 2D artist, and can do concept, 2D + 3D animation, storyboarding and animatics, so if you find anything in that area of the animation industry, that would be fantastic!

If ever you want to meet up and talk more, let me know


------

Hi Emma,

Yes it is a shame, but there will be other opportunities. Let's meet up sometime. It
would be good to go over your CV.

Have a good weekend.




All in all, fairly positive


It's a shame it didn't work out for me, but maybe that shows that I should try and provide more of a variety of work. This experience makes me want to work with a variety of media, so that if another opportunity like that arises, I will have more to show for myself to cater for any situation.

I'm glad that Lorna wants to go over my CV, because I think it needs some improvement. It can so much better. I'll try and arrange a day to do this shortly

No comments:

Post a Comment