Tuesday 9 November 2010

*IPP* Work experience opportunity

Lorna Hamilton-Brown approached my BA class about a nice opening for some to do some serious storyboarding. Here are the e-mails that have been sent between us so far:


Hi Emma,

See below:

A local company is looking for a student to work as a storyboard artist in Pre-Production of a feature film. The student will work closely with the Director and assist him to realise his visual aspirations. You would also gain a screen credit.

Duties and responsibilities: To deliver materials on time and to have fun and be creative.

Essential skills required: Good drawer. Good visual eye and good collaborative skills. Punctuality on deadlines is essential.

Travel expenses will be covered.

You will be working on a professional level and must commit yourselves accordingly.

If you are interested in this position email Lorna Hamilton-Brown <l.hamilton-brown@rave.ac.uk> with a sample of your storyboarding and your CV.
















Hey Lorna! Thank you very much for getting back to me on this fantastic opportunity. I'm sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, I haven't had access to internet up until now.

I have some storyboard examples that I did for a pitch for BA animation which you can look at here:
http://emufmp.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-pitch.html


I can give you some more examples if you would like to see more work. I have a showreel as well that displays some of my work, though it predominantly shows my animation skills. Hopefully it helps show you my knowledge of how to structure a scene well, and my drawing skills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjHuVDW_qbg


You will also find attached my CV. Let me know if it needs some work, I've been wanting some advice on how I can improve it.

I would like to hear more about the project that you would like me to work on, so I can prepare myself for the work I need to do ahead. If you have any details about where I'll be working, who I'll be working with and when the deadlines will be, that would be helpful too.


Thanks again, and I hope to hear from you soon!


Emma Wyton







No comments:

Post a Comment