Saturday 15 January 2011

Lip Synch Practice

On the side of animating the Waltz and Penguin tests, I have been working on a lip synch animation on the side. The clip I chose is taken from "Step Brothers", a film starring Will Ferrel and John C Reilly. This particular quote from the film never fails to make me laugh, so I thought it would make a good study for an animation


Above you can see the rough lines I did to try and get the poses right. He is sitting at a table, with a plate in front of him. He is talking to a waiter to the left behind the camera. On the bottom right, you can just make out the face shape sketches I did to help with the actual lip synching. I had a lot of fun exaggerating the perspective of his face here, as you can see.

I have currently been working on the detail of the face, and I will hopefully finish that part soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment